Colombo Lotus tower
Under the sponsorship of President Maithripala Sirisena, Prime Minister Ranil Wickramasinghe, and Opposition Leader Mahinda Rajapakse, the Lotus Tower Colombo, a construction project of the China National Electronics Import and Export Corporation (CEIEC), was dedicated in Sri Lanka. Its 350-meter height seeks to raise Colombo’s television, radio, and telecom service broadcast quality. The tower, which offers sweeping views of the island’s skyline and was financed by the Chinese government with a loan from the Import and Export Bank of China, has become a popular tourist attraction. In terms of height as of 2019, it ranks as the 19th highest skyscraper in the globe, the tallest self-supported building in South Asia, and the 11th tallest finished tower in Asia.
The important point about Colombo Lotus tower
- The tallest completed tower in South Asia
- 11th tallest completed tower in Asia
- 19th tallest completed tower in the world
About the Lotus Tower floors
The Colombo lotus tower is Shaped like a lotus. this tower covers a total area of 7616m2. this tower consists of 8 floors. There are,
- first floor- Control rooms and the TV transmitter plant are on the
- second floor – Radio transmitter plant and control rooms
- third floor -Two 450-seat banquet/conference halls are located on the fourth floor – is located a 1000-seat auditorium
- fifth floor – The revolving restaurant offers upscale gourmet dining experiences with a great view. There are 600 seats available in the restaurant, which has a 1088 m2 space.
- Sixth floor: opulent suites for state visitors and other VIPs.
- seventh floor – devoted to an observation gallery.
- eight floor – A/C outdoor plant room and elevator plant room
Facts of the Lotus tower
Defeating the rest of South Asia, standing tall
The Colombo Lotus Tower is the highest self-supported building in all of South Asia when it is complete, with a colossal height of 350 meters.
Setting a mark in Asia and the World
The recently completed tower is the 19th highest self-supporting structure worldwide and the 11th tallest in Asia.
Not only a Tower
The Lotus Tower in Colombo has a cutting-edge layout that includes a museum of communications, a rotating restaurant, a hotel, an auditorium, a conference room, a ballroom, and an observation deck. The magnificence of the tower may be seen by visitors for a little cost; discounts are offered to school groups and families.
A different view every time
Lotus Tower, a 234.2m revolving fine-dining restaurant, is the first of its kind in the country, rotating in 90 minutes.
Innovation in the field of Electronic Communication
Colombo Lotus Tower, a 90m steel structure, accommodates 20 television broadcasting companies, 50 FM broadcasters, and telecom operators. Located near Cinnamon Hotels and Resorts, it offers a memorable experience and breathtaking photographs. The tower is easily accessible from various city locations, making it an ideal choice for those seeking a memorable stay.
Architectural design and features
The Colombo Lotus Tower, inspired by the lotus flower, symbolizes purity and enlightenment in Sri Lankan culture. Its distinctive shape and blooming petals create a captivating visual spectacle. The tower consists of five main components: foundation, pedestal, shaft, blooming petals, and antenna mast.
Q & A
01. What are the opening hours of the Lotus Tower?
- Weekdays: 9 AM to 9 PM
- Weekends: 9 AM to 10 PM
02. Where is the Lotus Tower located?
The Lotus Tower is located in the city center of Colombo right by the Beira Lake.
03. How much is the entry fee to the Lotus Tower?
Tourist adult price: $20
Sri Lankan adult price: 500 LKR
must you remember The Lotus Tower’s ticket prices depend on whether you’re from Sri Lanka or a foreigner: